Wyeth Nutrition Science Center (WNSC) is a global initiative which has a global presence in different countries. Wyeth Nutrition Science Center Africa (WNSC AF) sets its core focus at enhancing people's health. WNSC AF is committed to promote the importance of nutrition by facilitating exchange of evidence-based nutrition knowledge and encouraging local scientific research.
Understanding that nutrition is a key contributor to health and an important modulator in the risk of disease, Wyeth Nutrition Science Center AF’s mission is to provide a platform for scientific exchange among healthcare professionals on evidence-based nutrition, while driving local scientific researches to generate data for promoting optimal nutrition, which is crucial for the health and well-being of the local population at different life stages.
- Facilitate scientific exchanges, discussions and collaborations among healthcare professionals in nutrition;
- Drive local scientific researches to advance in evidence-based nutrition practice;
- Provide greater access to the latest clinical data and guidelines on human nutrition; and
- Increase public awareness on the importance of optimal nutrition.
Promote Scientific Exchange of Nutritional Information
Through various platforms - scientific seminars, expert Meetings and online resources center, the Wyeth Nutrition Science Center AF aims to encourage scientific exchange among local and international experts, researchers and academics on nutrition.
- WNSC AF invites key experts to share updated nutritional science with local healthcare professionals and academics;
- WNSC AF organizes expert Meetings and symposia to facilitate discussion on nutrition topics;
- WNSC AF website provides an online platform to facilitate easy access to latest nutrition knowledge and related guidelines; and
- WNSC AF Bulletin provides updated nutrition information to healthcare professionals and nutrition academics on a quarterly basis.
Drive Local Nutritional Researches
The Wyeth Nutrition Science Center AF supports local scientific researches in nutrition, which may include surveillance on dietary and nutrition-related diseases data. Healthcare professionals could then utilize the information to provide nutrition counseling to their patients and the public.
- WNSC AF initiates clinical trials to understand nutrition interventions and conditions in specific population groups
- WNSC AF supports local initiatives on generating local dietary data
- WNSC AF encourages local innovative nutritional researches
2016 Nestlè S.A